Arizona Monsoon Damage and Repair Services
The Arizona Monsoons are right around the corner! Are you prepared for the worst? The best way to avoid potential damage from a monsoon storm is to take the necessary precautions. If you’re not sure what those precautions are you can contact our office to speak with one of our professionals.
If you’ve experienced water damage, roof damage, or any other type of monsoon damage, call us for a free written estimate. Our property damage repairs and restoration services will have your property restored quickly and cost efficiently.
If you’ve filed a claim, we can even bill your insurance direct.
In order to prevent cross-contamination and potential health issues, mold remediation must be done properly and in most cases by a professional. Professional mold remediation companies and/or technicians will be trained and certified by organizations such as the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) or one similar. Contrary to popular belief, there’s more to removing mold than spraying bleach on it.
Proper mold removal starts with a proper and thorough inspection. This inspection should identify the source of the problem. All mold problems stem from a moisture issue. Sometimes environmental testing/sampling is needed to determine the source and extent of the contamination. Testing can also identify spore type(s) and quantity. This particular information can be helpful if experiencing adverse health problems relative to mold exposure by giving the test results to your doctor.
After a thorough assessment has beed conducted, an accurate plan of action can be created. This plan is typically referred to as a remediation protocol. A proper protocol generally will included the following steps:
- 1) Identify the Source of the Mold Issue (the source will involve water intrusion or excess moisture accumulation such as humidity)
- 2) Correct or Repair the Source of Moisture Intrusion (only if the repair won’t disturb the mold in any way)
- 3) Conduct a Preliminary Assessment
- 4) Identify the Type of Contamination. (What category water was caused the mold growth?)
- 5) Design a Remediation Strategy/Protocol
- 6) Set up Containment Barriers (controlled work space under negative air pressure)
- 7) “Suit Up” with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Enter Containment
- 8.) Perform the Mold Remediation
- 9) Dispose of All Non-salvageable Contaminated Debris
- 10) Final Cleanup (to include HEPA vacuuming and damp wiping)
- 11) Containment Exit Protocol
- 12) Post Remediation Verification Testing
- 13) Breakdown and Dispose of Containment
- 14) Document the Whole Process
When a person’s health is at risk, there’s no margin for error. Make sure to hire a professional remediation company when restoring a mold damaged property.
700 N. Golden Key, Suite 1
Gilbert, AZ 85233
Office: (480) 699-5884
Fax: (480) 699-5582